Auction Profits Unleashed

Friday 15 June 2007

And Then There Was None...

The last of 5, Conversion Power Secrets has now gone live!!
 
This is another book from the desk of Simon Hodgkinson (see The Success Decision post below). I didn't think I would like this one, but I was fascinated by the process he details here.
 
He actually goes through how to write sales copy - breaking it down into logical components. He begins with the pitch "Most People are Dumb!", then explains that does not include you or I...
Some of the techniques remind me of when I studied psychology as part of management. In particular Merton's theories on "In Groups" and "Out Groups", on which I did a paper. The desire to feel included, one of the group, is a great motivator. How powerful is that?
 
Simon gives the low-down on some of the "dirty tricks" played in copywriting, benefits by association, using white space, flow disruption, and more...
Why not take a look at his copy? My guess is he probably wrote the sales page himself. You might find it interesting to break the page down to see if you can discover any techniques he uses. Just click the link below...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: